Paperless List V2.6 is out. I managed to add more features but also optimise the app to use less memory:
Here is the change log:
- Re-order the shopping list and favourites using drag and drop (use the handle on the left of the item)
- Flattened out design. The action bar is now just white and that nasty dark grey gradient Android uses for the default background is now just black.
- Using less memory. This was done as part of the changes for list re-ordering, using less views in the lists and following some Android best practices. The savings are around 18% memory for the same number of products in the shopping list (according to dumpsys meminfo)
- Enabled spelling suggestions in the keyboard for manually adding products
- Bug fix: performing a cross off gesture is no longer possible once the long press context menu appears
- Bug fix: £ char not encoded correctly in email sharing
Paperless List version 2.5 is now in the Google Play Store. Both pro and free versions have been updated. Here is the list of changes:
- Removed Bump sharing (its being turned off at the end of Jan 2014)
- New high resolution icons
- Checkboxes in settings easier to press
- Text-to-speech voice now uses current Android system locale instead of US voice
It’s a shame Bump is being turned off but it means Paperless List now uses less permissions (location, vibrate and read phone state have now been removed). The shopping list can still be shared using email or Android Beam on devices with NFC running Android 4.0 or above.
SMS Bot Widget V2.51 is now in the Google Play Store. Here is the change log:
- High resolution icon added
- Warning added for Android 4.4 Kit Kat devices about not being able to write to sent messages
I have just uploaded a small update to SMS Bot Widget. Here is the changelog:
- Fixed widget sizes on ICS (they were showing as a 2×1 and 3×1 instead of 1×1 and 2×1)
- Added widget previews for ICS
I have just uploaded the latest version of SMS Bot Widget to the Android Market. Here is the change log:
- Built against Ice Cream Sandwich to get the holographic theme
- Hardware acceleration enabled (send SMSs super fast!)
- Added button to get the donate version
The donate version is an empty app and just removes ads from the free version once its installed. I decided to take this approach instead of a separate app as it has been a while since the free version was released. A separate app would have required everyone to set-up their widgets again.
I have just uploaded Reader Widgets Pro and Free V2.33 to the Market. Here is the changelog:
- Fixed crash in Ice Cream Sandwich
- Fixed crash on Android 1.x
- Updated help text for ICS and Honeycomb
Update: Pro version 2.33.1 uploaded to fix apk crash problem
Another quick bug fix release. The XL and large widgets would get stuck on the “Loading…” message when 0 unread items were available.
Just a quick bug fix release this time. The new XL widget would sometimes display no items when some were available.
I have just uploaded Reader Widgets Pro and Free V2.30 to the Market. I am pleased to announce it now includes an extra large widget for Honeycomb tablets. This XL widget is resizable and displays headlines along with the article time. They are ordered with the most recent headline first and tapping on launches a new browser tab for that article:
Here’s the full change log for V2.30:
- Resizable XL widget for Honeycomb tablets added
- Second configuration screen sped up
- Bug fix: Out of memory force close error on configuration screens
- Widget previews for Honeycomb tablets added
- Honeycomb hardware acceleration enabled
I managed to create a single apk file for this version that hides the XL widget on non-Honeycomb devices. It took me a while to achieve this as disabling/enabling the widget in code didn’t seem to work consistently. Luckily the versioning of resource folders in Android provided a solution which can be seen on the last post in this stack overflow thread.
Paperless List V2.2 is now in the Android Market. Here is the full change log:
- Add with quantity from favourites fixed
- Force close fixes
- Updated libraries
- Height of action bar in Bump share screen fixed