I have just uploaded Reader Widgets Pro and Free V2.30 to the Market. I am pleased to announce it now includes an extra large widget for Honeycomb tablets. This XL widget is resizable and displays headlines along with the article time. They are ordered with the most recent headline first and tapping on launches a new browser tab for that article:
Here’s the full change log for V2.30:
- Resizable XL widget for Honeycomb tablets added
- Second configuration screen sped up
- Bug fix: Out of memory force close error on configuration screens
- Widget previews for Honeycomb tablets added
- Honeycomb hardware acceleration enabled
I managed to create a single apk file for this version that hides the XL widget on non-Honeycomb devices. It took me a while to achieve this as disabling/enabling the widget in code didn’t seem to work consistently. Luckily the versioning of resource folders in Android provided a solution which can be seen on the last post in this stack overflow thread.