Paperless List version 2.5 is now in the Google Play Store. Both pro and free versions have been updated. Here is the list of changes:
- Removed Bump sharing (its being turned off at the end of Jan 2014)
- New high resolution icons
- Checkboxes in settings easier to press
- Text-to-speech voice now uses current Android system locale instead of US voice
It’s a shame Bump is being turned off but it means Paperless List now uses less permissions (location, vibrate and read phone state have now been removed). The shopping list can still be shared using email or Android Beam on devices with NFC running Android 4.0 or above.
SMS Bot Widget V2.51 is now in the Google Play Store. Here is the change log:
- High resolution icon added
- Warning added for Android 4.4 Kit Kat devices about not being able to write to sent messages
I finally got my hands on a Nexus 5 today and its great. Unfortunately there is a small issue with SMS Bot Widget and Android 4.4. A few days ago Google announced a few changes to the way SMS messages are handled in Android. As a result of these changes SMS Bot Widget can no longer write to a device’s sent messages as of Android 4.4. The messages are still sent so the app fulfills its primary purpose but the device will have no record of it. In order to completely fix this SMS Bot Widget would have to be set as the primary SMS messaging app on the system and that is a lot to ask of a simple widget app. Instead I will update the app to warn Android 4.4 users of this behaviour.